Sunday, September 11, 2011

Studying...

I am studying for the first time in my life and it's strange.

I've skated by with B's in my harder classes with little or no studying.  Last minute cramming, my usual tactic,  just isn't an option if I'm looking to retain a high GPA.  Right now I'm sitting at 3.7 with some semi-difficult classes behind me and non-existent study habits.  I've got chemistry, physics, organic chemistry, calculus, and some sick upper level science classes ahead so I need to get in gear.  I'm beginning to feel as though being intelligent enough to not study throughout high-school and my early college classes and still pass is really hindering me now.  As a 24 year old adult I'm having to learn methods of studying that should have been beaten into me years ago, and it sucks!  I was always so full of myself when I knocked a major test out with no studying when people around me struggled to study to earn a passable grade.

Luckily I'm tackling this problem early in the semester on a relatively minor test for philosophy.  So far; re-read chapters, re-read handwritten notes, made flashcards.  Next up: listen to the lectures I've recorded, re-re-read chapters, re-re-read handwritten notes, drill flashcards, dictate everything I have then listen to it again.  Anaximenes, Anaximander, Anaxagoras... DAMN YOU!

Tomorrow small math quiz, volunteering at Broadview, studying for Philosophy, then gym.  Goal: knock that first test out of the park on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment